This web site was created to present the information contained in the book The McCOLM Family of New Richmond by William R. McColm.
John McColm Sr., his wife Margaret Sinclair, and their children came to New Richmond, Quebec, Canada in 1833. The book, published in 1978, records most of their descendants.
(Copies of the book are still available.)
It's now the year 2015, and we hope that this web site will allow family members and relatives to update their branches of the family tree with any births, marriages and passings, particularly those subsequent to 1978, or with any other information they wish to share.
The information is presented in two formats:
Born Today - August 28
- Martha Gladys Steele (1882), wife of III,B,5
- Anne Elizabeth Best (1911) IV,A,5,c
- Violet Mary McCOLM (1914) III,B,5,d
- Ulric Meredith Thompson (1933) I,A,4,a,iii
- Goldie Margaret McRae (1938) IV,E,2,a,ii
- Everett Nelson Campbell (1942) VI,E,3,j
- Richard Grant Thompson (1953) I,A,4,a,ii,(A)
- David Sean Baillargeon (1954) VII,G,1,c,ii
- Daniel Earl MacKenzie (1960) II,B,4,b,vi,(B)
- Linda Jean Brown (1962) IV,E,3,d,ii,(D)
- Norma Lynn Simon (1962) IV,G,5,a,v
- Megan Jones (1964), wife of III,B,5,k,ii
- History of the name "McColm"
- "Big Jim" McColm
- The original McColm farm
- The arrival date in New Richmond
- "Lost" family members